Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Cruel Reality

About two weeks ago, I watched a show on television. Some Taiwanese Show, I forgot what is the name. It's like a guessing game show. Anyway, it made me sad. Five pictures of really really big size girls were shown to the guests. They were asked to guess which girl lost the most weight. Then, the girls walked out from the backstage one by one... One of the girls actually lost 50 kg. Yes, you heard me. Freaking 50 kg!! The girl who lost the least weight? 24 kg. Anyway, they were asked to speak about their experiences, etc. All of them, I mean ALL of them, said that things have changed so much since they lost weight. They have more friends, more guys in their lives and no one tease them about their weight anymore. They said that they were not accepted by the society and people when they were fat, and now, things have changed. Since they became skinnier and prettier.

Gosh...what a cruel reality. Why? Why are people (esp girls) only accepted and well-liked if they are skinny and good-looking?? I feel so much for them because that happened to me in the past, when I was younger. Well, it is still happening now, but not as bad. Is physical appearance really everything? Is it the only thing that defines you? Why are humans such visual animals? Only inner beauty lasts in one's life, because everyone will grow old, provided they are not dead before they reach 50 and beyond wtf. I know all these but I am still a vain girl, you know? I still care a lot about how I look, but I am not that shallow - I don't define and judge people solely based on their appearances. I. DO. NOT. Even so, I always get the feeling that people other than my friends will only judge me based on my looks.

Sorry for the rambles... It's just that I have too much on my mind... and I have to get some things off my chest. Humans are such complicated animals and sometimes dealing with them tires me. (I am not referring to all humans, but certain ones)

My mind is so loaded...

No comments: