Monday, November 24, 2008

The end of Semester 5

I know... I am really behind with updates... But I am trying. =) Time flies... I still vividly remember the first day I stepped into TCPJ and the experience during the first semester, in which I struggled so badly to cope. I wanted to give up, but somehow, I did not and persisted. I can't believe it... I already finished my fifth semester and I only have one more semester + internship to go and I will be graduating, if I pass. Phew! I did not have much time to think about how much I achieved earlier but I have plenty of time to think about it now. Well, duh, I learn how to write, which annoys the hell outta me sometimes. Hahahah, I think my fellow uni mates will know what I am talking about. I am a Communication and Media Management major and yet I have to write all the time, like a journalist. Is the reason of my annoyance clear now? =)

Alright, to be fair, I did learn quite a lot... Photoshops, Indesign, Frontpage, Dreamweaver, A LITTLE BIT of HTML code and CSS (I am really bad in this), a little bit of surviving skills (you don't really learn much in uni, coz the working world is totally different!) and so forth. Oh ya, although I am an avid reader, I hate reading newspapers. Due to the demand of my course, I have to read them all the time, so I have more knowledge of current issues. Well, everyone in my course learn the same thing, so it is not really a big deal, right? But I am amazed that I can actually operate a software, being a technical idiot all the time. LOL

So... I am graduating in less than a year. Anticipation, happiness, sadness and fear - a mixture of feelings, is flooding through my veins. Yes, every undergraduate hopes to graduate so that they can finally move on and work and this is exactly my hope. But as the end of the journey of education draws nearer, I feel sad and afraid too. Although uni can be annoying, classes can be boring and lecturers can be sucky, time spent with friends is priceless. Hanging out with each other before classes, during lunch, outside uni, etc - these might sound normal, but I am having such a good time! This is like, once in a life time experience. When you work, you don't get to be irresponsible, lazy, crazy anymore, well at least not all the time. Do you still have that much time to hang out with your friends? You know the answer. All I know is I will look back one day and miss my uni life terribly, hoping I could go back.

Picture time!

Kelly and myself

Alvin (wearing Sya's witch hat for Halloween) and half of Michelle. :p

Leesha and Sya

Toddy and Kelly

Kelly and Cheri pretending to be ghost. HAHAHA

No comments: