Sunday, September 19, 2010

Life is strangely beautiful

A few days ago, I went out at the crack of dawn to get some breakfast... As I drove out, I was caught in a mini-jam near my housing area and I was cursing my lungs off because patience is not my virtue and to me, getting stuck in the jam is an utter waste of time. But there was nothing I could do other than cursing and cursing at that point of time is not productive. Well, it won't help anyway. It's not like the jam would move if I get angry and curse. Suddenly, a revelation came to me. Technically, it is not revelation, it is something I have known all these while, but never could truly grasp the concept. At that moment, I was looking at the clear blue sky, decorated with snow white clouds and the bright sun... Birds were flying and chirping away happily and as it was a breezy day. Life shouldn't be so hard. No matter how dire the circumstance is, we still could find a way to make ourselves happy... it is all a game of mind. In short, it all depends on your mindset. Perhaps, there are a million things out there that you cannot control, but there is one thing you can, your mind. Cursing and getting restless when caught in the jam wouldn't change a thing. Instead of getting angry and ruin my mood, I could have listened to my favourite music, read a book, or just simply enjoy my surrounding by observing it.

Then, I reached the restaurant, got down from my car and ordered my breakfast. As I was waiting for my breakfast, I sat down, lighted a ciggie, and watched the people around me. The stall owners, customers, waitresses, etc. I thought to myself, these people are beautiful. Life may have made them age, unattractive and plain, but they are beautiful. I believe that there is some kind of beauty in everyone. I don't know these people, yes, but I know that they are living their lives, making a living. That very own fact makes them beautiful. And that reminds me of something, the very reason I chose the beauty line. The very reason I fell in love with makeup. I love to beautify people. Yes, beauty has to come from within, but I think at least by highlighting their best features, it would give them confidence. It is extremely empowering to feel beautiful and confident. I would like to be the one who helps to achieve this. I love to see the smiles on their faces when I am done with my job.

I get it now. I really do. If you have a positive mind, everything you see will be beautiful and that will be the sole factor that is going to drive you on when faced with challenges or difficulties. We could never choose a circumstance, but we could always choose the way we react to it.

Finally, I see it. Life is strangely beautiful in many ways and I am happy to be able to discover more. I will continue this journey in making a difference, making the world a more beautiful place in my own ways.

I. Am. Happy.

1 comment:

thule a.k.a leo said...

heard that you will be going for interview at JW Marriot later... all the best ok?? Although I was a bit disappointed to hear from someone else but you.
yes, it's a power of positive thinking :) just like what I always do. Coz no matter whether you are happy or not, life goes on... so why not being happy instead??? the journey in your life is what counts.. not the destination.
I'm working very hard to raise my family and that's why not much time to be with you all nowadays. But believe this... I always hope that all of you are doing fine obe there!